mermaidsbox-Could you give me some makeup ideas for my wedding? This is me in the dress; it’ll have a boatneck with cap sleeves instead of the heart shape bodice. I’ll be wearing tiny white flowers on one side of my hair. Much love to you for your wonderful advice.
Femme Boy- Ok so wedding makeup can go one of two ways typically. You can go for a vintage screen goddess look or a natural sweet look, it’s all preference. My big rule of thumb is to keep the shimmer to a minimum because of all the photography. Too much shimmer will read bad on camera, especially as the day goes on. Go for matte shades. I also suggest a longwearing durable lip color something like MAC’s Prolongwear, this way you can last all day without having to reapply so much and you can kiss and drink without the color coming off.
So let’s get to some product suggestions:
Vintage Screen Goddess:
- MAC Fluidline Gel Liner in Blacktrack -for a subtle wing on the top lid
- MAC Vanilla Pure Pigment -highlight for under the brow and the cheekbones
- NARS Dolce Vita Blush
- MAC Prolongwear Lip Colour in Lasting Lust
- Any brand of False lashes, cheap ones work fine
- Maybelline Eyeshadow duo in Indian Summer
- NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Key Largo or Portobello
- Any black mascara will do!!
Take a look at this Christina Aguilera Video with some shots from her wedding this is the perfect example of the screen goddess makeup look.
Take down the blush and shadow and get a Gwen Stefani look like in this video:
Natural Sweet Look:
- Nars Eyeshadow in Bali, Bengali, and Blondie-these 3 neutrals will be great when done right and they can transfer into your day to day makeup
- NARS Orgasm/Laguna Blush/Bronzer Duo - will give a nice subtle warmth to the cheeks, I also remember recommending this to you before
- MAC Fluidline Gel Liner in Blactrack- very soft line, top lid only
- Any set of False Lases.
- MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study
- MAC Prolongwear Lipcolour in Cling Peach
Here is Adele for Vogue Magazine, this is what I am think for a natural sweet look, only I would soften the liner on the top lid.
If u wanna get even sweeter, line top lid with brown shadow, ditch the lashes, and go with a warm peachy/pink shadow on the lid and get this Mariah Carey look.
All of these shades can be adjusted and I probably gave u more than you actually need. I am hoping I gave you a good amount of options, remember that both looks require you fill in those brows, but not too severely. I suggest a Matte foundation with a good primer underneath also.